The Monster And The Green Potion

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

One morning a person yelled out “MONSTER!” The monster ran towards them and said, “can I please have at least one friend? I’m so longing to have a human friend, can I just have one hug?” The person was too scared to say anything and turned and ran in the other direction. The monster carried on and found a secret laboratory. He quietly opened a big rusty metal door and snuck inside. He found a room full of different potions. He went past a pink potion, a yellow potion, and a green potion. Green was his favourite colour in the whole wide world. Suddenly he heard a noise and hid behind a large transforming machine. The next morning the monster came out from behind the machine and started looking around again. A boy saw him through the window and yelled out “MONSTER”. The monster said, “It’s ok, I’m a friendly monster” This boy to was scared and ran away. By now the monster was getting really upset. So the monster continued looking around the laboratory when he saw a man. The man screamed, the monster ran to the green potion and ran out before the man could say a word.
After he escaped from the laboratory, he guzzled down the green potion. All of a sudden he felt funny. He looked down at his feet, they were stuck to the ground and then he realised that he had leaves forming on his fingers. He felt something on his head, it was a bird making a nest. The monster felt worried he had just turned into a tree. He thought to himself, ‘how am I going to be a monster again so I can see all of my family, but not be so scary for human?’ Just then the man from the laboratory walked up to him. He had followed him after he realised he had taken the green potion. The man listened to the monsters problem and offered him a cure.
The cure was he could still stay a monster so his family knew who he was but he would no longer be scary to humans. This was fantastic for the monster, but he wondered how this could happen. The man said, “you will unfortunately stay a tree, but a walking tree. Children will love you as they will be able to climb your branches and look at the birds on you, but you will not look like a human so your monster family will know who you are”.
From then on all of the children loved the monster and his family loved him even more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!