Adventure World

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

On an early Saturday morning I was getting ready for my 12th birthday party at Adventure World. I was going with my three friends, Maddie, Alexa and Liv. I’ll also be going with my annoying older sister, Zoe.

When we got there, Liv pulled me other to a weird looking roller coaster and she told me that were both going on it. Liv and I sat down on a seat just as the roller coaster began to move. I closed my eyes, my hands were shaking and everything was quiet. I opened my eyes and saw sweat dripping off Liv’s face. We both started screaming as the roller coaster went faster and faster!

As it got to the top, I looked over the edge and a drip of sweat fell. I leaned back, closed my eyes and went into my own world. And fell! The roller coaster went down then there was an immediate stop! I sat there until I felt was okay to get off.

“Lesleigh? Lesleigh you okay?” I heard so I opened my eyes to blur. “Lesleigh? It’s me, Liv! You feeling okay?”

I answered in a whisper “That was fun,” we both burst into laughter.

Maddie saw me stand up with a wobble she ran over and stared yelling at Liv, “What the HELL did you do to Lesleigh?”

I answered for her “Liv pulled me over to this roller coaster and I was in my own world when on it. I’m sorry if I scared you!”

Zoe and Alexa came over with confusion after they heard Maddie yell. “What is going on Maddie?” demanded Zoe, “First why are you yelling? And seconded why is my sister like this?”

Maddie told Zoe everything that I had already explained to her. Zoe asked me how many fingers she was holding up. “5, 9, 1, 4” I replied smiling.

“All right, Lesleigh, you’re perfectly fine!”
Without saying anything more, Zoe saw one of her friends and went over to her. I wanted to go on the water slide, so Liv, Maddie, Alexa and myself went together on the ‘Twisty Twirl Whirl’ with the blow up boat.

We all sat down, held each other’s hands, and closed our eyes. Water splashed into our face so we opened our eyes in surprise and looked around, everyone started laughing, but after the roller coaster I suddenly didn’t feel very well. I closed my eyes and went into my own world again.

“Lesleigh!?” I coughed up water and felt a cold shiver down my spine. “Lesleigh you alive?” I didn’t answer but suddenly sat up and coughed out more water, “What happened?”

Liv replied “You weren’t paying attention and you drowned!”

I vomited all over Liv “Sorry!!”

Zoe, Alexa and Maddie come out of nowhere, “Lesleigh, I think we should go home for the rest of your party! Liv and Alexa, if you’re allowed you can sleep over. Sorry Maddie, but your mum said you can’t stay long cause you’ve got another party to attend.”

But no one wanted to stay, especially Liv wearing my vomit in her hair.

Worst birthday ever!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!