THE KIDNAPERS

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

THE KIDNAPERS

Boom, Hugo woke to the sound of thunder. He looked outside his window and saw a dark shape pass by his window. Next thing he knew a sack was over his head and he felt searing pain then nothing. Everything was black.
Hugo woke to the sound of a van rumbling down a rocky road. He thought, his father never had a van, well if he did he definitely kept it hidden. Then it hit him. He had seen that dark shape go past the window then a sack had been pulled over his head. Hugo heard voices coming from the front of the van. The men (he assumed the people in the front of the van were men) were talking and laughing about odd things like how much they were going to sell someone for, how far away Germany is and stuff like that.
“Wake up fat head!” Hugo sprung up out of the corner of the van that he had used to sleep in. “ You’re not supposed go to sleep,” said a gruff voice that cut like a whip. “Why not?” Hugo said groggily. “Because, I said so,” roared the man. “How was I supposed to know that?”, replied Hugo. “Common sense!” bellowed the man.“ Get out” said the other man calmly. “And Rob, please be quiet.” “ All right, but if he misbehaves I’m whacking his ass 50 times as hard as I can”, said Rob. “All right,” said the other man. “Let’s get going,” said Rob and with that they were off.
Schreeeech!!! Thump!! That was the van stopping suddenly and Hugo falling forward at the sudden stop. There was now a massive lump on his forehead. After a bit of time like Hugo expected the back of the van was opened and a rough voice called him out the back of the van. We’re going for some exercise exclaimed the man called Rob. As soon as Hugo was out of the van he bolted at full speed towards the direction he assumed they had come from. The two men instantly started sprinting after him.
It was a long chase. Hugo’s young and quick reflexes and quick accelerating body helped him to get a good start over the two men but the two men were trained kidnapers and were better than Hugo at the overall long distance. Hugo ran his heart out but it wasn’t enough. The kidnapers were slowly gaining on him. Just before the man named Rob grabbed Hugo by the collar he dropped to the ground and tucked and rolled as if he was in a fire. Hugo knocked over Rob and sent rob flying and before he even hit the ground the other man had already been tripped over by Hugo and was flying after Rob.
Hugo instantly got up and ran away.
If by coincidence or he really knew the way, he ran into his mother’s worried arms at their doorstep.
By HARRY YIANNI BLAIN
DOUBLE BAY PUBLIC SCHOOL YEAR FIVE.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!