The Girl Who Has No Emotions

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Everyday I feel like nothing, I feel nothing. I recall this thing called happiness and love but I don’t remember what it was or what it felt like. People do this thing where they close their eyes and open their mouths, they create this ugly high-pitched sound. I run away, hide, cover my ears and do anything I can to get away from that horrible sound. I see people change their face with just their eyebrows, eyes and mouth. It seems like they have a thousand faces but I only have a few. I used have just as many but it all disappeared one day. My mum always does this monstrous face at me, her voice turns high pitched and it booms in my room. Her eyes expand and she looks right through me, her eyebrows touch and her mouth becomes wider than before. But it has no effect on me, maybe because I’ve experienced too much of it. The life I had before, I do not want to remember, it was agonizing; my head throbbed hard like concrete everyday, my heart was always tight as I remembered my past mistakes. This was all five years ago but ever since then, I have never experienced these moments anymore.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!