Tears Fall

I relax into the car seat letting the music fill my ears and comfort me as I stare out of the window thinking about my life. I’m an only child and just turned 13 this year, my parents want me to invite my friends over for a party. If only they knew. I haven’t told them but I get bullied at school and have no friends. Everyone at my school thinks I’m weird and call me names. I look forward, to see my parent’s smiling and laughing. I really want to tell them I’m getting bullied but how can you tell someone that? I’ve tried at many occasions but I have never had the guts to say it, I always end up stuttering and running away, hiding in my room.

I get knocked out of my thoughts by a loud car horn. I look up to see a car heading straight towards us, my dad tries to dodge it by turning left off of the road but it ends up colliding with the right side of the car, where I am sitting. It hits us with so much force the car flips and we roll down the hill. I scream thinking I’m definitely going to die. All I can hear is screaming, and crying from my parents and I, feeling my body go numb.

I tightly shut my eyes getting ready for the impact, but it never comes. I feel the car come to a stop so I open my eyes to the see the most horrific sight. The car is smashed and we are upside down. There is smoke everywhere. I look down to see that my seatbelt is still on and my feet are in the air covered in bruises and cuts and I think my ankle is broken.

I hear ambulance sirens in the distance causing me to sigh in relief. I take off my seat belt and try to get out of the car, I kick the smashed window causing the glass the shatter more and fall allowing me to just fit through. I stand on to the soft green grass happy to be alive when something dawns me. What about my parents?! I see my father slightly crushed underneath the door but still breathing making me sigh happily, then I see my mother laying on the bottom of the car with blood dripping down her mouth, pale as a ghost.

I feel something warm and wet fall down my cheeks. I wipe my cheeks to realise that I’m crying. Why did this happen to me? Why does this always happen to me? I kneel on to the ground and hold my father’s bruised warm hand smiling feeling his hand tighten around mine, letting my tears fall down my face. I turn around to see an ambulance officer running towards me. I tell my father it’s going to be okay and one of the ambulance officers asks me if I’m alright. Am I alright?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!