The Haunted Woods

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Once upon a time there were woods called the Haunted Woods. It was full of surprises! There was a lair where a werewolf lived, it was very mean, no one ever dared to enter the cave. One day there was a daring boy, his name was Scully. He went through some very deep swamps that were green, they were infested with crocs and carpet snakes that were 12 metres long! Then he saw lots and lots of very big bones. They were really big! Then he saw a head, it was a bull's head from the ranch nearby. There had been cattle going missing for years.
He suddenly saw a minotaur, it was ginormous and it had ginormous horns! It chased Scully. He ran as fast as he could. He saw a tree but the tree was too small. The beast would knock the tree flat so he went on running. He saw a gigantic tree and he climbed up the tree. There was a problem, the minotaur turned around and started running. Scully was scared. He started climbing down the tree until finally he got to the ground. He started running again. He saw the minotaur again. He wasn’t that scared but he was a little bit scared.
He found a monster truck. He wondered if he could drive it; he found the keys. So he turned the key anxiously. He wondered what he was going to go through. The monster truck roared with power and speed, he put his foot down on the accelerator. It was so loud and fast Scully was so amazed. It was magical, he had never been happier in his life. It was in good condition. It started raining and it rained for a few hours. It got very muddy, he went faster and faster until he came across a hill so he pushed his foot down as far as the pedal could go down. It was very loud.
It was finally dark. He fell asleep in the monster truck. When he woke up he turned the monster truck on again. He started looking for food. He wondered if meat was the only thing that he could eat in this Minotaur’s place. Then he saw a vampire. He went as fast as he could over mounds of dirt and through water then at last he came across the werewolf cave. Scully started walking into the cave. He found the werewolf and its family, they had cubs. The dad had just been protecting his cubs and getting food. Scully was going to tell other people but they would tell the police, so he thought about the family. It took him awhile to think about it. So he stayed with the family for a bit. He was there for a few years. He was helping guard the cave. He even became friends with the minotaur. He too had a family, he was protecting his family and his wife. He ate lots of meat too!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!