Facing Reality

I looked out the window. “Ah, another lovely day.” I sighed.
I wasn’t ready to get up yet, so I decided to listen to the Sparrows joyful music. “It’s surprising how calming the music is,” I thought.
I rolled onto my side and noticed my alarm clock beeping. I froze. “Oh my!” I exclaimed.
It’s eleven in the morning. I hurried out of bed and got dressed. Then I ran down stairs, nearly tripping over my own feet as I rushed to the kitchen.
To my surprise it was empty. “Mum, dad!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. My face froze in horror. A black figure stood in front of me.
“What the-’’
The figures voice cut me off. “ Well, well, well. You certainly took your time,” chuckled the voice.
“Zane what do you want!” I said angrily.
“Wait. How do you know it was me?” His face was full of confusion.
“Hmm, let me think, it might be because you left a business card in the mail saying ‘ Do you need bad deeds done, if you do then call Zane’s evil company and don’t even get me started about the stupid commercial!” I yelled.
“Hey, now that was just harsh.” Said Zane in a sassy tone.
“Don’t you sass me” I said while whipping my hair.
“Sara, aren’t you wondering where you parents are?” Laughed Zane with a twisted smile.
“Where are they?!” I yelled at Zane.” I will tell you, if you beat me in a……. match of Uno!” said Zane with a suspicious face on.
“Sure.” I replied. There’s no way he can beat me in Uno. When I was 3 years I could beat my whole family. We sat down at the table.
“I’ll shuffle” As Zane shuffled the cards I slipped a pair of glasses on. The glasses had mirrors in it so I could see his cards. As he handed me my cards I looked down. I had one of each colour. He put down the beginning card. It’s was green.
“Ladies first” grinned Zane, with a wicked smile.
I placed down my only green which was a 5, my lucky number. I looked at Zane’s card. 4 draw 4 cards and a green skip. Wait a minute. He’s cheating.
”Hey Zane your cheating!” I yelled. Oh no.
“Wait a sec the only way you would know that was if you were cheating!” Zane yelled, like a squawking eagle .
“So what I found out your cheating first.” I said to Zane.
” Well you cheated first said Zane.” Just tell me where my parents are and I’ll say you win“ I said with a sigh.
“Ok I could agree to that” Said Zane. “Your parents are in thier closet.” sighed Zane.
Sara ran upstairs and found her parents. “I love you mum and dad,” Whispered Sara while a tear ran down her cheek. Sara happily embraced her parents.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!