Sam - The Maybe Olympian


Hi, my name is Sam, I’m 13 years old, have an older brother called Ben and we live in Camberwell. Can I tell you one thing about me? I want to run for Australia in the 100m sprint. First I want to win the 100m sprint at school

It is 8:00am, 30 minutes till school. I’m still asleep, so is my brother.

I’m at the starting line.
Ready…

“Sam! Ben!” screams Mum from the living room. I slowly climb out of bed. It’s Monday morning and I’m feeling so tired. “Sam! Ben!” Mum screams for the second time.

Set…

“STOP!” Mrs Kranky, my teacher, is yelling at me. “Sam, how many times have I told you not to doze off in class?”

“Yes, Mrs Kranky,” I answer.

This morning we’re doing some really fun art and craft in class until Mrs Kranky finds out that Brian and I are working together. Brian and I haven’t been able to work together for a long time, which I think is really unfair. The only reason that Brian and I can’t work together is because we accidentally spilled the hot green goo that we had made in science on the floor, which was totally an accident, but still Mrs Kranky has never changed her mind since.

At recess I play basketball with Brian, Charles, Paul, and Edward. I score two baskets.

Starships were meant to fly…

I quickly run to class as I hear the music on the loud speaker signalling the end of recess.

I am in class again. “Today class you will be learning how to multiply two-digit numbers by two-digit numbers,” says Mrs Kranky.
“NOOOOOOO!” The whole class let out a big groan. We hate maths.

Mrs Kranky goes on and on about two-digit numbers.
My eyelids grow heavy.

I am running. I’m in front. Everyone is cheering.

“Congratulations, Sam, you have come first in the 100m sprint,” says the headmaster, who is shaking my hand.

“Sam! How many times have I told you not to daydream? For that, the whole class will stay in at lunch time for 10 minutes extra.”

Tomorrow is the school athletics day. I always come last in the 100m sprint. I hope that I improve tomorrow and won’t come last. It’d be a dream come true to win my race tomorrow.

At Lunch, my friends have ditched me. I feel like the loneliest boy in the world. I go over to Brett, who is a big nerd.
“Do you want to play with me Brett?” I ask. I have never really talked to him but I have no one to talk to and I need someone to play with.

I have a really great time with Brett. I find out a lot more about him. He’s really nice. We have become better friends.

When I get home I go straight to my bedroom and start my homework. I decide to practice .for the 100m sprint. Maybe, I won’t come last. I could even win.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!