The Girl And The Forest

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

The Little Girl And The Dark Forest

A dark forest surrounded the crumbling cottage is what people would say, but for me it was a beautiful place full of nature and the sound of birds and delitefull, every day I would go outside and play in the forest after I come home from school, climbing trees, picking flowers and playing games with my friends. But some days were different, some days it was dark and I heard scary noises, and these days I definitely wouldn't play in the forest, some times I would see figures walking through the dark, hiding when I was looking out the window at night. Some days when I come home and I'm walking through the forest I run and scream with my eyes closed because I'm so scared of what's going to happen to me. Sometimes when I ask my friends if they want to come to my house, they say no because of what they heard about my house. One day when I was walking home from school, I got lost and I didn't know we're to go, I was getting scared and I felt like I was getting followed, I looked behind me and I saw a black figure thirty metres behind me and so I ran, I ran as fast as I could trying to find my house, but I could not find my house. I didn't know if the person was still following me, but to be sure I kept running, as fast as I could and as far away as I could. As I kept running I eventually came across a deep, dark cave, I turned around to see if the person was still following me, I heard some strange rustling in the trees and I got scared and ran in the cave. At this point I had some time to thing about what was going on, I was thinking maybe the house got over grown in the trees and I couldn't see it, and why was this person following me. After about five minutes in the cave I was thinking I just needed to get out of here and find the house, so I did exactly that, I walked in the the direction that I thought the house was and walked without worrying about anything else. I was walking for about ten minutes when I saw a house in the distance, I got excited and ran to it as fast as I could. When I reached the house it was actually my house and the reason I couldn't find the house is because the forest got extended so I could find it and got lost. I walked inside and my mum told me that figure was actually my uncle who just came back from war and was looking for you to surprise me. And after that I feasted on a delicious dinner and never got lost in the forest again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!