Behind The Mysterious Basement Door

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Once when I was playing on the carpet floor. I saw an old rusty basement door. So I slowly opened the basement door, and walked in. Then suddenly the door snapped closed. It was pitch black I felt the hair on the back of my neck standing up. I felt icy fingers gripping my arm in the darkness.
I slowly turned around, nothing was there. I felt very scared, then I saw a little bit of light. I walked towards the light then I saw a brown hairy person near the light. I looked very closely it was a furious looking dog with sharp teeth and shiny silver claws.
I looked to my left and saw a door I quickly opened it and saw a bed, and an old chair and a lever and cloth. I slowly pulled down the lever, it opened a hatch with a lock. Then I checked the cloth it had a pocket it had a pocket I pulled out a key. Then I put it in the lock and opened. I went down the ladders and saw potions, some said Strength Potion, Speed Potion, Health Potion, and Invisibility Potion. On the other side I saw a dart gun.
I ran outside and drank the Speed Potion I ran to the dog then suddenly… it bit me I shot the dog with the dart bullet. Then I drank the Health Potion.
Next I trained the furious dog when it woke up. I walked to the light and saw a coffin, I slowly opened it. Then suddenly a mummy popped out! At first I thought it was awake but it was actually sleeping. I slowly walked around. The coffin was coloured in red, white and yellow. The mummy woke up, he stared at me with green glowing eyes. He said, “Hi my name’s Frederic but for short you can call me Fred Oh and here’s my pet dog, he looks furious but he is actually very nice, his name is Scruff.”
“Hi my name is Jack. What’s on the other side of the tunnel?“
“Don’t go there!!!” said Fred.
“Why?”
“Because there’s an angry red eyed Vampire over there.”
“We should get prepared just in case He or She attacks.” So I drank a strength potion, Frederic drank the invisibility potion, and Scruff drank the speedy potion.
We sat on Scruff and drove him to the Vampire’s Lair. the Vampire was right in front of us, he had bright, red eyes.
I went in and punched the Vampire on the face. Frederic came and spun the Vampire around, around and around. Then Scruff bit the Vampire’s right leg.
“He dropped a key!” yelled Jack. I picked it up, Frederic was tired after all of that fighting. Frederic went to sleep in his coffin with Scruff guarding him.
I went to the Basement door then opened it with the key we found, and went to my bedroom and slept. I couldn’t believe what we had experienced!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!