Year 3's New Rug

Katy was so excited for the first day of school, because she had heard that the teachers were getting a special rug for the class.
While walking into the class room, the circles on the rug were so bright and colourful that it caught her eyes. Katy wondered if the rug was as soft as it looked so she rushed to sit on it. It felt like a cloud made out of fairy floss. SUDDENLEY everyone froze where they were. The rug started to rise. The rug flew around the classroom a few times then disappeared out the door taking Katy with it. Katy wanted to feel scared but instead she felt safe because she had a feeling that the rug would protect her and not let her fall off.
The rug took her beyond what she had ever seen before. Katy realized that this wonderland was of all things she liked or had ever dreamed of. Looking around she saw a sign that said WELCOME TO PURPLE WORLD. There were little unicorns that had horns that glowed lavender when they talked, birds covered in soft purple feathers and butterflies that had rainbows of all the shades of purple on their wings. Feeling that she was safe, Katy decided to go exploring. She walked past trees that were covered in lilac bark and streams filled with jumping fish with shining amethyst scales. At the end of a meadow covered in flowers that flashed violet and bright plum, she also found a magnificent magenta coloured castle covered in light violet glitter. She decided to open the castle door where she found the rug hiding. Laughing and playing they ended up playing hide and seek.
After some time Katy started to miss her family, so she asked the rug “Can you please take me back to school?” But the rug was scared to travel all the way back to Katy’s school. So she tried to convince the rug for a few minutes. Katy knew she had to show the rug she believed in him. She told the rug that he is brave and can do anything. Finally the rug believed in himself. After flying once more around the Purple World so Katy could wave goodbye to everyone they headed back to school.
When they got back to school they realized they made it to class just before the bell rang. When her mum picked her up she told her all about her adventure.
So for now on the class only sat the rug to go on an adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!