Vigilantes

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Opening my eyes, I hear my kidnappers yelling, obviously at me, saying horrible, insulting words, you wouldn’t want to know. The van door opens and ugly, lanky men stand in front of me. Hideous grins on their faces, showing yellow, rotten teeth. As the strongest looking one grabs my roped hands and takes me out of the van, my heart starts to beat faster than it ever had before. My eyes well up as a skinny man rips the duct tape off my mouth.
‘She’ll have to do, boss won’t mind if she dies. Not the kind to live on the street anyway,’ he says. The other four laugh. I was going to scream, let it all out, I really was. But before I could, the lights in the shed we were in blacked out. It startled me.
Everything’s coming back; I was drugged by these sickos after running away from home after arguing with mother about her making decisions for me. I feel the guy’s hand grab my roped ones tighter. Everything is quiet for a couple of seconds until I hear giggling and someone telling the laughter to ‘Shut his face.’ These voices are not from my kidnappers, they sound young while my kidnapper’s voices are old and crackly.
‘AH!’ screams one of my kidnappers in pain. His voice sounds like he’s being punched in the stomach. Other hit smashes the guy behind me in the stomach, his grip weakens and I run, although it’s hard running while your hands are tied. I hear footsteps behind me and run faster, but then I hear footsteps in front of me. This was it; I was going to get caught again. I feel a hand grab me and I squeal a little before my mouth gets covered with dirt-smelling hands. ‘Shhh,’ I hear a voice whisper. I can tell this person is a boy, a teenager. He picks me up like a baby and keeps running. ‘Were out!’
I look into the direction were heading and get a face full of timber and metal. I got blinded by the light and soon realised we broke the shed wall. I got a glimpse of the boy holding me; he’s tanned with a scar on his cheek. He has brown eyes and black hair. I look behind him and see two other boys; one is whiter than snow with white hair and the other one is peach colour with a brown ponytail. We are about eighteen metres away from the sight when I start to struggle.
‘Put me down!’ The boy carrying me trips and we slide across the dirt. ‘Stupid female dog,’ he stands up and the other two stand next to him, I study them for a while.
‘You alright, doll face?’ asks the ponytail boy. ‘Maybe she’s in shock?’ asks the white boy. He looks about eleven. I had to take this all in at once.
…I get kidnapped and then saved by...
Vigilantes

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!