The Only Time...

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

I am evil. Everybody says it. My history teacher said it first. I frequently hear, “Jessica! You are absolutely EVIL!!!” I love pulling pranks on people and I’m devilishly good at it. There’s only been one time where my prank has backfired...
It was Friday morning, the bell was about to ring and I had to finish my English homework. As usual, I had left it to the last minute because I’d been formulating a plan to prank my friend, Jackie, all week. The adults in my life constantly talk about my priorities. I don’t see a problem. There is only one person who doesn’t appreciate my pranks. Beatrice Malice. She’s the only one who refuses to laugh at them. It’s because I pranked her when we’re little. She just won’t let it go.
The bell went as I wrote in the last answer. “That was close!” I murmured as I packed up my things. I hurried off to my classroom to meet my classmates. Jackie had saved us our usual desk at the front of the class. Mrs Cooke was sitting at the front waiting to start the lesson.
“Oh, Jess, what took you so long?” asked Jackie looking worried.
“I was doing English,” I replied with a sigh.
“Were you up late all week creating pranks?”
“Maybe?”
As I said that, I noticed that Beatrice was staring at me. As I looked at her, she quickly put her eyes on her work. The rest of the lesson seemed endless.
I’d decided to put my plan into action so the next four periods were the same. “I’ll be back Jackie. I won’t be long.” I got my equipment and went to the history classroom. Nobody comes into this classroom today, so I figured it would be my best option. My prank involved a bucket, goo, string and Jackie walking in first. I arranged the bucket and then the string so it would fall when pulled. I put the red goo in the bucket and left.
“What were you doing?” Jackie asked as I walked towards her.
“I had to pick up my history book,” I told her with a broad smile.
She looked suspicious but she let the matter slide.
We got to the classroom early because I needed Jackie to go in first. When everyone was there, I opened the door for Jackie but there was a sudden flash of red and everyone laughed. The bucket had fallen on me!
Someone had tampered with my prank. I knew it because I’d aligned everything perfectly. Beatrice! She was laughing! It must have been her. I’d passed her when I’d finished setting up and she was heading towards this classroom!
To confirm my theory, Beatrice yelled out, “We’re finally even!”
Well, maybe she’ll start laughing at my pranks since she’s gotten me back.
I started laughing too. I thought about the lessons I’d learnt: don’t leave prank scenes unattended and every prankster gets pranked at least once.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!