Late To School, Again

"Hurry up and get some food in that mouth of yours!" yells grandma. I quickly run down stairs and go to the kitchen. I don't know what my grandma was talking about, but I can hardly see anything that classifies as breakfast besides four grapes and a piece of stale bread.
I go to the fridge to see if there is anything else to put in my mouth. Turns out there's only a can of blackcurrant juice. So I chug the purple liquid down my throat. While I was drinking my juice, the little devil (or my sister) threw a paintball at me, it was from her birthday party last weekend.” Race you to school," she says.
Ugh. I hate her.
Great! Three minutes ago I found out that I was bald and now I look like a bunch of crayons have exploded on top of me. I rush to my bedroom, quickly get changed into a different sweater and chuck on a pair of pants. While running to the front door, I get my school bag ready and zoom out of the house. I know I'm going to win the race to school because she's got a sprained ankle.
Passing the wet streets of Bray, I see my sister slowly walking, thinking that there is no way I will be able to catch up with her. I run as fast I can with my freakishly skinny legs. When I reach the front of the school, I stop running and start to have a slight doubt about something.
Why is the janitor closing the school gates? Why was there no one on the streets this morning? And why is this place so quiet?
"Why are you closing the gates?" I ask.
He replies, "Cause its Saturday, doofus."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!