Miss You

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

I draw an arrow, pull the string back, breathe in and looking down the arrow with one eye the world seems to stop. I let go and release my breath, the arrow flies into the target, perfect as always. Alice; my best friend, my sister. I miss you, I wish I could have saved you. A lone tear falls down my cheek, I wipe it away and collect the arrow. The red stained tip of the arrow stained with Alice's blood! I will avenge you, my sister.
3 years earlier... "Alice, hurry!" I help her up and we keep sprinting, stumbling and tripping. We hear the shouts get closer and closer, we stop at the very edge of the cliff. "We have to jump." Alice says calmly beside me, grabbing her hand we look at each other and the way we came. "Now!" I shout and jump letting go of Alice's hand, it feels like hours till we hit the water.
I don't remember the entry of the water only the struggle against the current pulling me down and grabing onto a fallen log, I come up for air and wipe the water out of my eyes to see Alice trying to swim my way. I scramble over to the edge of the log and reach out my hand. "Come on Alice!" I shout over the loud waterfall. She struggles but I grab her before she floated down stream. I pull her to the log and we puff and pant until we're out of the water and walking back to our campsite. Waiting for another chance at revenge...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!