Wall Of Doom

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Today was going to be the best. Today was the day of the Great Australian Race. It was the biggest, most spectacular race in the whole world. It was going to be a race all around Sydney. Everyone was gathering in all corners of Sydney. I was going to walk all around Sydney and follow them. The race was starting. All the racers were in their spots.
“3, 2, 1… Go!” yelled the starter with the pistol. The racers sped away from the starting line.
Just then I saw my old arch-enemy, Gerald Jurony Japahuah, though he didn’t notice me. He seemed to have his ugly eyes turned towards a particular racer, who was in the lead. In fact, he was nearly a quarter of the way around Sydney. He was running faster than any other racer has ever gone, even faster than a cheetah! It was unreal. Then I thought more about it and I realized it actually was unreal. I saw a little blue electronic gadget stuck to his neck. Then I saw that Gerald J had a controller. After that it came to me: Gerald J was controlling the racer!
I had to stop him. I went over to Gerald and kneed him in the crotch. He dropped the controller so I picked it up. It had a speed-controlling joystick. I moved it gently to slow but then it snapped!
“It’s a fake!” I cried.
“Exactly!” said Gerald J, sounding like he could control the world.
Then he picked up a woman’s handbag and smacked me in the forehead with it. I quickly snatched it from him and hit him fair and square in the stomach. He doubled over. I picked up the real controller. It had a timer down the bottom that was counting down: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…SHWOOMP!
It disappeared into another dimension. I had just noticed that Gerald J got up and went into the middle of the race. I went after him. It was like being in rush hour: racers here, racers there.
The prize was $1000. I dodged all the racers and ran after the maniac. I jumped on Gerald J and brought him to the ground. The racer was now out of control! There was a wall ahead in the distance. It was only just drying up, still icky and sticky. The racer headed straight towards the wall.
“Watch out!” I yelled.
But it was too late. He ran straight into the wall. We both tried to pull him out but it was no use. He was stuck forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!