The Suffer Dragon

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

HEADLINE ANOTHER SUFER GONE MISSING, John was reading the newspaper. John was eating breakfast and he was eating with Rob and Gordon, they were all scientists and day after day surfers had gone missing. The scientists were planning on solving that problem but felt uneasy about what could be making these surfers disappear. They were brainstorming a solution and thought they could Mabey make money from identifying some sort of undiscovered creature.
They later found out that all the surfers that were missing were really a long way from shore, John knew they would need a boat. Many rumours existed of huge fins spotted on the horizon as well as huge tails. They knew many items would be needed to be used to find and to know what it is this creature such as a radar to track and find the possible undiscovered creature. A net to catch the creature or draw it. A vet to take samples with needles and sample tubes. A submarine to go under the water to find it if it a peers on the radar and a camera to take photos to capture the journey. John, Rob and Gordon know the next couple of days would be out on the dangerous seas. They packed all their stuff on the boat and got ready to set off the next day.
They woke up the next morning raring to go on their trip but that suddenly changed when they saw Once again the newspapers headline was another surfer had gone missing. John said don't worry we have a boat and it is known only to eat suffers so as they arrived to get on the boat. We should get out there quickly so where there by midday said John over the howling winds. They were sailing out to the location they thought it would be at and waited for many long hours but nothing, they decided to go inside the ship and get some food. As they got into their beds after eating a typical fisherman's dinner they all hopped to find something the next day.
They woke to the sound of their alarms. Gordon went to his computer to read the paper but today the headline wasn't a surfer gone missing it was just something about politics. As the day before they took turns waiting and waiting for something to turn up as the sun was setting something skimmed the radar and it was huge then it started coming towards then rob yelled out to Gordon and John ungently to come inside they ran inside to see the huge look to be a dragon rapidly coming towards them. Gordon ran outside and he could see the dark blue and black shadow coming towards them it was a far as he could see. It went straight under the boat and went out the other side then circled went straight down and under, by now the boat was rocking furiously suddenly razor sharp teeth started coming up all around them, the mouth must have been a hundred meters wide as the mouth started to close and the boat started to sink down into the mouth they knew there life's would be changed for ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!