Dance Class

Sally was so excited because she was going to dance class. But to join dance class you need to pass a singing test. Sally was really good at singing. But even though she was good at singing she practiced anyway. On the day before the singing test, Sally packed her pencil case. She packed a pencil, a rubber and a sharpener. The next day was test day. Sally woke up at 5’o clock sharp. She was really tired. She ran up stair, slurped her breakfast, grabbed her pencil case and ran out the door. Sally took a taxi to dance class. Dance class looked beautiful. It had a mini picture of a ballerina at the top. Sally walked in and crossed her name from the paper. The main teacher told Sally to stand in the line for test one. Sally stood in line for test one. Soon the children went inside and the test began. There were fifty questions. The first question said do you scream when you sing? Sally knew it was no. So she marked no. Soon Sally finish test 1. That means Sally had finished tested one. Sally ran home and told her mum all about the test. Her mum said well done. The next day the results came home. Sally got all the questions right. Sally’s mum said well done again. Sally was so proud of herself. After two weeks dance class started. Sally’s teachers name was Mr Alvin. Everyone thought his name was a bit funny. Sally was really bad at dancing. All the children laughed at Sally. Sally was so upset. After two weeks, when Sally sat down in her lines, she realised her teacher had retired. The new teacher introduced herself. Her name was Mrs Johnson. Mrs Johnson was very nice. Sally’s class went in the dance room. Mrs Johnson asked everyone to do the five steps. Sally kept on falling down. She began to dislike dance class. The next day was Saturday. Sally saw Mrs Johnson at the shopping centre. They said hi to each other. Mrs Johnson asked Sally to come to dance class every holiday. Sally asked why. Mrs Johnson said “because you know how everyone keeps on laughing at you, I am going teach you how to do the five steps step by step”. Sally asked if she has to come now because today is a holiday. Mrs Johnson said “no need”. So Sally did not come that day. The next day was Sunday. So Sally woke up, slurped her breakfast and ran out of the door. Mrs Johnson was waiting for Sally at dance class. Day by day Sally got even better at dancing and all the children were surprised. Sally laughed at all the children because everyone laughed at her when they had Mr Alvin. When Sally went home she taught her mum the five steps. Sally learned four dances. The names of the dances were: the same, soft thing, big ball and too bad.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!