The Big Sleepover

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Once upon a time there lived a girl named Julie. She dreamed of having a sleepover but time and time again her mum and dad didn’t let her.
Soon it would be her eighth birthday and for Julie’s birthday, her mum and dad planned a sleepover for her. Julie got to pick ten friends to come to her sleepover. Five friends from school and five friends from the apartment block they lived in.
Suddenly Julie became very busy making plans for what to have at her sleepover. She had to choose the movie they were going to watch, the food and drinks they were going to eat and the games they were going to play.
Finally it was the day of the sleepover and all her friends starting arriving in the afternoon. They all brought presents, a bag with their toothpaste and brush, their sleeping toys and pillows.
When everyone got unpacked, Julie took them upstairs so they could play a few party games. They all had lots of fun and each won some prizes. In a little while, Julies mum called out that dinner was ready.
Because it was Julie’s birthday, they were having her favourite dinner, sushi! After sushi they had a caramel cake that was shaped in a big giant eight. Then it was time to watch a movie. Julie had picked the movie ‘Peter Pan’ to watch.
After the movie had finished, they went back upstairs to go to bed as it was getting late. They chatted for a while and told silly stories and jokes and finally feel asleep.
At midnight they woke up and they went downstairs very quietly and took some treats from the fridge for a midnight snack. They cleaned up after themselves and crept back up to bed feeling very full and tired.
In the morning, their mums and dads came to Julie’s house to pick up their girls. They said goodbye and thank you for a great party to Julie and her mum.
That was one of Julie’s best days ever. She really enjoyed the big sleepover!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!