Magic In The Air

Standing in awe and dumb strucked with what I saw was some of my toys coming alive! Was this some sort of magic? Sauntering into the lush garden, I was afloat in a world that I could never imagine in my wildest dreams. Is this what Fairyland looks like? Miniature pixies were playing hide and seek, friendly elves were chasing frogs and toads, breathtaking fairies were sprinkling fairy dust on flowers and peculiar creatures were jumping on toadstools.
Strolling down the garden path, I turned into Twisty Corner, a street tucked away in the far corner of the garden. I thought it was strange that I had not noticed it before. Walking down the lane, I strode into The Spell Shop, a shop specialising in nothing but spells. Chuckle, a friendly, polite pixie greeted me as I walked through the door. His glittering hazel eyes shone, matching his brilliant shade of bright green top and his pair of red tights.
Just as I was inspecting his burnished shoes, he spoke. “Good evening sir, how can I help you?” chortled Chuckle. “I would like a spell to keep my toys coming alive forever,” I replied. Chuckle immediately let out a low whistle and instantly, three rabbits from behind the shelf started rummaging through the cupboards. The enchantingly fluffy bunnies found the spell I was searching for desperately. It was some yellow slime mixed with some unusual ointment stored in a small antique glass jar with carvings of animals imprinted on it. Whilst thanking Chuckle and his three rabbits named Bobtail, Tiny and Fluffy, I consulted Chuckle for directions back home. He immediately chanted a string of magic words. “Bibodybumblebeewobblybobblydobody”! A tiny cloud descended towards me. “Quickly, hop on the cloud! “Remarked Chuckle. Stepping on to the cloud, I shouted out, “Please take me back to Fairyland!”
The rutted cloud rose and ascended into the air. Before I could even enjoy the spectacular views and the ride through the extraordinary clouds inhaling the glorious fresh air... BUMP! I had reached my destination. With a sigh of relief, I muttered, "Home sweet home!" As I hopped off the bumpy cloud, I thanked the cloud for the ride and scurried into the house as fast as my legs could take me.
Arriving in my nursery, I quickly unscrewed the lid of the jar and rubbed the magic potion on every toy I could possibly locate. As I rubbed the ointment on to my toy robot, it accidentally knocked the jar on to the floor as it gradually came alive. Some of the other toys made a real din!
I was startled and found myself sitting in my bed. "Hang on a minute! I am supposed to be in Fairyland, “I thought.” Oh no!" I exclaimed. "Don't tell me this is just a dream!"
I staggered downstairs to make myself a cuppa. Settled comfortably in my bean bag, I started daydreaming while the clock was ticking about how my life would change if my toys did really come alive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!