A Noise Outside

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

It’s 7am, I hear a noise outside of my window, so I pull my blind up. I see a flash of someones figure. So, I quickly get dressed put my watch on and go outside. I wonder what on earth that could've been. First I check the backyard....nothing there. Next I check the front yard, and the side of my house.....again, nothing there. So I go inside. As soon as I open the door I see Mum and I immediately told her what had happened.
“Bridie, are you sure you didn’t just see something? I mean, you had just woken up!” said Mum skeptically.
“No, I heard something and saw something! I’m not lying!” I exclaimed.
“Okay Bridie you can go ahead and have a look, but do your searching quietly because Blayre is asleep,” Mum said.
“Okay Mum.”
So, I went outside and checked the front yard, backyard, and sides of my house. But I found nothing, so I took a short break and went on the trampoline.
“If only I could've found out what that figure was...” I said sadly.
“Hang on what are you talking about?” Blayre asked.
“Oh, I just heard this noise outside my window and I didn't know what it was, so I decided to go and have a look at what it was. But that was unsuccessful.... I didn't find anything,” I replied with a tone of annoyance in my voice.
“Oh okay, what time was it when you heard that sound?” Blayre asked.
“Around 7 O’clock. Why? Are you saying that could’ve been you?!” I replied
“Oh....well, I mean.... I guess that that could’ve been me...” Blayre replied vaguely.
I asked. “What type of noise was it?”
Blayre replied with a questioning voice. “Oh, well it was a type of banging noise...I don’t know any other way to explain it,”
I explained, “I’m pretty sure that was me..”
Blayre replied, “Okay, but mum said that you were asleep, so why were you up?”
“Oh... well, I got up early to jump on the trampoline, but it wasn’t much fun...so I
knocked on your window to get you to come outside. But, I heard Mum coming outside so I quickly raced to the front door to get inside so she didn’t know,” Blayre explained.
“Oh okay,” I laughed, I should’ve known that that was Blayre.
“Lunch is ready!” Mum calls out to us.
We race inside, I was so hungry! I hadn’t even had breakfast yet!
“So Bridie, did you find out what that noise was and what that figure was?” Mum asked.
“Yeah, I did,” I replied, smirking at Blayre.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!