The Lighthouse Keeper

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

It was a dark, stormy night, clouds were everywhere. Tonight, the full moon rose over the little town and the town celebrated the full moon. On a big, rocky cliff, there was an old, mysterious
lighthouse. In the lighthouse sat a man. He did not celebrate with the others, instead he slammed his window furiously.
Suddenly, there was an almighty commotion in the lighthouse. The keeper ran up the stairs and grabbed his toolbox. He ran and ran to the top of the lighthouse. Once at the top, the lighthouse keeper checked the gears.
He hurried towards the bulb of the light and lifted it up. He tripped over his toolbox and dropped the bulb. It smashed into a thousand pieces.
He looked out at the top of the lighthouse and could see a light getting closer and closer. It was a fishing boat. The boat was crashing through the waves, headed straight for the rocky cliff.
He opened the window and suddenly he could see lights coming towards him. He noticed they were headed for the lighthouse, it was the town’s people with lights that sparkled and it gave the lighthouse keeper an idea. Everyone stood at the top of the lighthouse. The fishing boat turned as he smiled back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!