Olivia's True Story

OH NO! My family is going psycho again!
The yelling in the morning and the yelling at night, it makes me go to bed and I get a big fright. I cuddle up to Mummy. Big drops of tears come down my face. There’s too much fighting in my place. I feel like I just want to move out!
One day we went to a tropical beach and out to dinner at a restaurant. We had a lovely dinner with no yelling but when we got back, something terrifying happened.
I was playing on some winding stairs, imagining they were tropical vines and then a tragedy happened! I fell off and heard a crack in my arm! Then I started screaming. Then Mum started screaming. Then Dad started screaming. Then Bronson started screaming, “Just call an ambulance!”
Veronica was terrified but she wasn’t screaming.
We went to the hospital and the ambulance man gave me laughing gas, I started to smile then giggled. He gave me a fluffy toy bear. The ambulance man was very kind.
After that, I was taken to a different hospital, Mackay General Hospital.
Veronica and Bronson went up and down, up and down on the lift. They beat Dad who went up the stairs. They were the winners!
I went in a different lift to a real interesting white operating theatre. I really thought they were taking me to a picture theatre. It was amazing. Then I went to sleep. When I woke up, I had an even bigger cast on my arm! I had jelly and Ice cream for dinner.
The next day we went home and my family was worried. I was too, I couldn’t even have a shower by myself, I always needed mummy to help.
I had to wear the cast for six weeks. After the sixth week, it was my brother’s birthday and he had the best birthday ever.
My family was still yelling, so Mummy took us on a big trip, on a plane ride. All the way to Brisbane and then Cairns. It is quite here at Nanna’s and my new school is fun.
One day we are going back to Dad. That will be in a few weeks.
Daddy has promised, “No more yelling.” I will be happy that my family will have peace and quiet.
THAT’S MY FAMILY.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!