Secret

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

There is definitely no such things as fairies. I’m sure of it,” nodded Tay, staring at the starry night sky from the balcony. Torieye smiled to herself secretly. “I’ve seen fairies before,” she thought to herself. “I’ve seen them with my own eyes. But I’m never going to tell anyone, not even Tay, my own brother.
Torieye held the photograph up high. The small girl smiled at the memory. A picture of her small, caring and beautiful fairy friend Rosanna with her. Torieye then heard a soft sound, it sounded like something small had fallen on the wooden floor of her bedroom. Torieye panicked. She was desperate to find out what it was. Then something shiny, a ruby-red diamond caught her eyes. Torieye gasped.
Torieye held the diamond and carefully placed it in the palm of her hands. The girl spied a red button on the side. The curiosity rising within her, made her immediately press it.
Torieye could hardly breathe. There, sprang open out of the diamond, was a shining gold key. On the key was a fairy picture that looked like Rosanna. Torieye noticed that in gold writing, it said, ‘Please see Rosanna’. Torieye plunged onto her bed and smiled a very big smile, grinning from ear to ear, as she was going to see her fairy again.
Torieye was so pleased, she started dancing and twirled around in her room with the diamond shiny brightly as the sun reflected on it, in the palm of her hands. At that very moment, Tay walked into his sister’s room and surprised to find that his sister was so excited. “Hi Torieye, what’s all the fuss about?” Tay raised his eyebrow. Torieye could not speak, her mouth gaped wide open. After a long silence, Torieye stammered “N-n-nothing. Nothing at all.” The girl tried to hide whatever she was holding. “What’s that?” Tay asked again, pointing to the sparkling diamond. Torieye ignored her brother. Then suddenly she heard a very quiet knocking sound. Torieye gasped, “I can’t believe it...”
“Hello,” cried a soft voice from the diamond. “Rosanna! What are you doing here?” Torieye whispered. “I’m injured,” scowled Rosanna.
“I’ll help you!” Torieye mouthed. “Who are you talking to?” demanded Tay. “Tell me now!” At this very moment, Tay snatched the diamond and threw it to the ground. “No! You can’t, you’ll hurt her,” cried Torieye. “Who?” shouted Tay. “I can’t tell you,” Torieye wailed. Tay’s dark eyes became darker as the fury within him was rising and immediately crushed the diamond. “You’ve completely ruined everything!” shouted Torieye, tears spilled onto her rosy cheeks. She sprinted into the far distance.
“What was all that fuss about?” murmured Tay. The boy peered down at the diamond. “Oh!” he gasped. “I cannot believe what I am seeing! A real, live fairy!” Tay immediately chased after his sister. “I am really sorry for what happened Torieye!” Tay shouted feeling terribly bad. Tay tried to catch his sister but it was really impossible.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!