I Know What No One Should

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

I know what no one should.
I know the feel of the ground under my head.
I know that you only know it under your feet.
I know the air as the first chills of night drive the shoppers into their homes.
I know the tantalizing smells of the bakery, goading me into spending my lifeline on that moment of bliss.
I know that you take this moment for granted.
I know the sight of a sleeping city devoid of life and occupied only by the harsh streetlamps glare.
I know the anonymity of living on the street, being nothing more the a faceless object of pity and depravity to the eyes of passers by.
I know that you will never know the story of the shop doorstep, or how many souls it has sheltered.
I know the infamy of living on the street, being scrutinized with averted eyes.
I know that this is not right.








FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!