A Blessed Collision

These mislead words roll out off my tongue and into a blazing car crash.
I slammed the breaks with defeat, yet, it was all too soon.
The light kaleidoscope of colors once shun from my face
now emit a heavy stench that would rather be enclosed.
And as I follow the trail of my deceits, brimming my drinking cups over with poison, a hazy thought occurred to me. I have lured myself here.
This track was no longer clear to blindly trace.

Yet I do not expect understanding, when I myself cannot comprehend these thoughts, nor align them in order of sequence.
Since then, it is a victimizing walk towards everyday as i attempt
to find my place whereI’m nowhere to be screened.
I seek an ideal faithful figure, but the exterior crumbles in crowds of glass
and for my sake, I pray. Where all the crystal pieces fill my misled ears,
ringing faint whispers of sweeter ordeals.
MAYDAY… mayday. Maybe, one day.

But for now, this is where I will be lead astray; head down,
clothed warmly inside my kindly gifted body bag as I patiently
waited on for tomorrow’s breath to transport me into free fields
with no armored shields and a safe place to fall, unsealed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!