NASA... We Have A Problem

5, 4, 3, 2, 1. We have lift off.
The rocket known as NASA 11 left with a bang of its engine. The air was filled with thick, black smoke. The roars of the flames filled the air with excitement.
As the rocket left our atmosphere the flames died down. Everyone back on Earth was happy to see NASA 11 launch successfully. Cheers from mission control could be heard from the cockpit. It was louder than our engine.
NASA 11 drifted for around 6 months but it felt like forever…
“This is mission control is everything alright?”
“Everything is A-O-K and we are now passing Saturn” one of the crewmen replied.
As we got closer to Saturn we had to deploy the main parachute. But when we did it got stuck on one of the wings at the back of the rocket. The engine couldn’t take any more stress. The back of the rocket was filled with toxic gas.
“CLOSE THE MAIN HATCH SO WE DON’T DIE!” The captain ordered.
The main hatch door closed with a slam. We had detached the back of the rocket but that was where the engine was. We are now flying out of control in outer space. And we were still descending closer to the planet.
“Mission control this is the captain and we are flying towards the planet Saturn and we are descending and fast.”
“This is mission control, how far are you away from the planet Saturn?”
“We are about 3000km away from crashing into the planet.”
“This is mission control, we will think of a solution and we will get back to you as soon as possible.”
“Ok but please hurry we are only 2000km away now.”
“Roger that.”
As we entered Saturn’s atmosphere there were flames all over the rocket’s cone at the front. Now we were only 1500km away. 1200km away, when is mission control going to contact us! 1000km away, sweat was dripping down my face and it is stinging my eyes. 850km away now my heart is beating so hard that it is almost coming out of my chest. 500km away.
BANG!!!
We hit Saturn, pieces of the planet went everywhere and the rings got scatted around the universe. Everyone was alright but our communication system broke when we had that collision with Saturn. The hit redirected us to Earth and we were heading there fast. Most of the pieces from Saturn followed us.
As we entered Earth’s atmosphere we started to plummet to Earth and so did the asteroids. Our communication system was broken so we couldn’t warn mission control of the devastation that will occur.
“Hold on everyone” the captain yelled.
Crashing into the ocean made a gigantic splash. We were lucky to land safely but unfortunately half of the Earth was filling with pieces of Saturn.
All I hope is that the next ride to outer space is to the moon.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!