The People Of The Azure

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

A people I've never known, but long to be a part of.
They are the People of the Azure, of the sweet sea.

Summer dawns over the city. It slowly, sleepily awakens, wafts
through ripped flyscreens, glides along skyscrapers of glass and steel.
The People of the Azure bathe in its glowing glory.

The day yawns into the night, chills the air ever so slightly,
but the humidity overpowers the cool and keeps us awake, longing for sleep.
I dream of the People of the Azure, floating like starfish in the warm sea.

The morning traffic snatches the dreams off me and I am left feeling sticky.
My head throbs as I pour coffee into my mug and food into Bagsy’s bowl,
and he bumps his head against my leg in gratitude.
The People of the Azure smile and sigh.

Summer falls from the trees and the streets turn choppy with pine cones.
They scrape and dance and trip across the ground.
The People of the Azure sink into the ocean floor.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!