Dark Dreams

Hi, my name is Harry and I've made a terrible mistake. Tonight was the night I should have kept myself safe, It was a dark misty winter's night visibility being very low I couldn't even see my next door neighbours house from my bedroom window. I decided that it was getting late so I decided to go to sleep but that was the biggest mistake that I have ever made and it was also my last.

I was peacefully lying in bed thinking about my lonely future. My Wife died, my son died even my own dog died this year. I missed the unconditional love I got from my family, I missed coming home from work with a smile on my face and my three year old Son asking me every time “ Dad what did you do today?” but answered him back with same sentence everyday “I went to work” while thinking about the good times I had with my family, my phone chimed. I got a odd text from a weird contact named “friend” it was picture of me sleeping... but I live alone. My Wife and my Son died because of an intruder that came into our house and stabbed them to death I still hear the high-pitch scream in my dreams.

I used to have a dog that always scratched on my door but since he died last week it was very unsettling to hear it again. I saw my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long horrific nails through my chest her other hand killing my screams I sat bolt upright, relieved it was just a dream but I saw my alarm clock flash 12:06 I heard my closet door creak open.

I ran straight out of the door, running for my life… literally, I ran straight to the attic, being the stupid person I am I found out there was no escape then decided to jump out the window saying ‘‘I’d rather jump off a building than be killed by a spirit” and then I jumped... everything went pitch black. I couldn’t see anymore then asked myself “am I in heaven?’’ curious to find out I opened my eyes and was back in my cold white sheets.

I jumped out of my bed, looking around wondering “is this really my room or a trap so the spirit can snatch my soul at take it away with her victory. I had to run, run somewhere to hide from the spirit that is trying to steal my soul I ran to kitchen grabbed a knife and ran out to the cold crisp air clenching the knife I had with me. A sharp white figure ran towards me. That night my Wife took me home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!