Last Moments

The wind blew violently and the sun was nowhere to be seen.
Her usual bouncy, blonde hair looked frizzy, muddy and disgusting. The smile she always wore with her was blown away. The wet concrete froze her bare feet and the wind which slapped through her thin clothes dampened her heart.
Everything had seemed like a dream; she didn’t have a purpose in life anymore. Why are you doing this? Is it worth it? Questions that no longer mattered as she climbed the fence to the other side. She watched the people below her, living their day, completely oblivious to what tragedy was going to occur in the matter of seconds.
Her feet right at the edge now, her heart blank with nothingness, the hard concrete below would surely show no mercy. As she let go, the girl had her last thoughts. They weren’t relieved thoughts though, her mind was filled with regret. What ARE you doing this? Is it really worth to waste your life? Those questions which she was sure no longer mattered had begun to matter. But, with only a few metres left until she hit rock bottom, nothing could be done.
The girl closed her eyes and thought about the wonderful things that had happened to her. Those precious memories which she had decided just minutes ago weren’t worth it to keep living. Thinking about the people most important, her smile came back and she was happy in the last moment of her life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!