A Lexie Into The Future

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Bing, Bong, Bing, Bong, Bing, Bong, Bing, Bong. Greetings human from the past my name is Lex8513 and I am a decendent from Alexandria. The family is very big, First was the original Lexie than Alexis, Alexia, Alexandria than me, Lex8513. You probably have noticed but the year is 2222 this time is where cars run on air and float and everyone has a jet-pack. But did you know stories aren’t told by word, on television or by Kindle, but you have a small put into your ear so that stories can be transported to you mentally. Zzz, zzz! Ow great here comes one now and it is about all the generations of Lexie. I’ll read it to you now.

The time was 2016 and Lexie was trying to write a short her homework and she only had 14 days or 2 weeks. It was surely impossible. She was thinking and eating and thinking and eating and thinking some more, until she heard a soft fingernail tapping on her bedroom window. What is that, she wondered slowly walking towards it. Stelthly tip-toeing as she grabs the fluro pink curtains with tassels flopping around the edges. She sees a human like figure, could this be who she thought it would be? Quickly like ripping off a 2 week old band aid she opened the curtain which revealed a short girl with long brown hair the same colour as Lexie’s.

“Who are you?” asked Lexie “and what are you doing outside of my window?””I am, an Alex, Alexia, I am your, distant relative, fro, from the future and I am here to, to warn you ab, about, about . . .! Suddenly, it was like Alexia was a hologram, she just disappeared into thin air. Lexie ran out of her room down the stairs and through the front door to the side of the house where Lexie’s window sat. There was nothing there only a few snails and a bit of fog.

For weeks, Lexie was searching the internet to find if Alexia came through a portal and every night before setting her alarm for the next morning, she checked out her bedroom window just in case Alexia was back.

One day, Lexie was at school and… Zzz! Zzz! OW wow! Sorry but I’m kyping my cousin CHecka3302. Oh she is a decendend as well from Francheska. Lexie’s cousin. But that’s a whole nother story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!