I Love You Alistair

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

I stood in front of Alistair, holding both of his hands as I gazed at his beauty.
“Alistair Wiseman…” I began with tears in my eyes, “From the moment you were born, I knew that I was destined to meet you. You are my light, my hope and my future. You are everything that I ever wanted and you are all that I ever had and I am grateful for that.”
My voice started to stutter near the end, but I kept a firm grip on his slender hands. My friend, Martin, patted my back a few times before I turned to him and nodded. I took a deep breath and quickly pulled my hand away so I could wipe away the tears that slid down my face and then returned to my place.
“I believe there is a God out there because he had taken the time to make someone so beautiful and so kind to be with me. To hold me when I needed to be held, to say they love me when I needed to be loved. He gave me that angel and I had taken it upon myself to be friends with that angel, to love that angel and to make him my beloved husband,” There was a slight pause. For a moment, I didn’t know what else to say or even do, but I managed to move my trembling lips and finished off my longing words, “And now … that God had also taken you away from me.”
Another tear escaped my eyes and it landed on Alistair’s pale face. I lifted my hand to wipe it away from his cold cheeks and then, once again, I returned my hand onto his, trying to warm his palms as best as I could. The lifeless figure that laid there before me, held no emotion, nothing but a permanent slumber that not even a true love’s kiss could awaken.
“I won’t judge His choices because I know that he has something waiting for you on the other side. And wherever you are, I hope that…” my tears couldn’t be held back anymore and I began to weep an endless stream of tears as I tightened my grip and tried to calm down as best as I could, “I hope … that wherever you are … you are happy and safe. I love you, Alistair Wiseman, to the moon … and back…”
With those final words, I collapsed to the floor and started crying uncontrollably. Martin had to come and pick me up, but I couldn’t even stand, nor did I want to leave his side. My hands held onto the coffin and my eyes began to blur with the tears that spilled out violently as I screamed out in a horrific sorrow. From then on, life was meaningless and yet, I found myself wanting, needing, but my world never made sense anymore. Not after he left.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!