50 Years

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition


I remember… the nightmare …50 years ago.
I jump up on my feet.
“Oh, my bedroom”. I say quietly to myself. I climb up the stairs. Is it a dream?
My shoulders slumped as I closed the door extremely quickly. It’s real…
I couldn’t believe it. The war, it is real. It’s all coming back to me I almost got hit by a nuclear bomb, at least I think it was a nuclear bomb. I was in a coma for 50 years but I haven’t aged. I’m still 15.
Wait, how do I know I was in a coma for 50 years? Logically I shouldn’t be able to know any of this, unless if it wasn’t a nuclear bomb that almost hit me. I should go outside and see what is happening.
Aliens, at war with Earth, that wasn’t a nuclear bomb, I have powers I can hear, see, know all and reverse or forward time. My head was thinking weird thoughts. Weird it’s like someone’s in my head talking to me” “Woah” I gasped when I looked outside, there were aliens at war with Earth, and they were shooting very familiar looking bombs. “Those were the things that hit me” I said to no one in particular. This is very weird but it explains everything! I do have powers. I knew I was in a coma for 50 years and I did that thing where I kind of predicted the aliens and the bomb I even knew I had powers!
Then suddenly whoosh…..crash! One of those bomb things blew up my house. Luckily, I wasn’t hurt, I looked at the bomb, and it doesn’t seem radioactive. I picked up the thing and popped it in my pocket.
Where is everyone? Mum, Dad, Maya, Patrick.
Then, suddenly aliens start shooting those bombs from above. I heard one say “foreign species informally known as humans sighted in sector 4S prepare to quarantine or terminate”.
I gulped I saw where everyone was (using my powers.) They’re in some sort of pink-purple goo frozen solid but I can’t get there it’s too far up.
“The aliens!” I forgot about them!”
I ran to a corner behind the ruins and rubble that used to be my house. A single tear escaped from my eye then more follow as I pick up a photo of my parents, my brother Patrick and my sister Maya.
“I miss them so much.”
“Why am I so shy and insecure, why can’t I be like Maya?’’
“I bet even the miraculous powers I have aren’t enough to beat the aliens. Well it isn’t the power’s fault, I’m a hopeless failure. I just want to know how to fix this.”
“An idea popped into my head, and now I do!”
I have powers to control time!
I tried to visualize reversing time. In the blink of an eye time was reversed. The alien attack never happened and no one knows that I saved the human race except me…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!