The Fruit Drought

Finalist in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Thousands of fruit trees covered the whole land. The fruit tasted delicious and everybody thought it was so juicy. People loved the bright yellow bananas the best. There was so much fruit that no one thought they would ever run out so they ate fruit all day long.
Slowly people saw that all the leaves were curling up and the fruit trees were dying. The fruit was running out. People were suffering. Starving people were searching for more fruit to eat.
A little boy, Jack, came out of his house and looked around. There were no more fruit trees anymore. He was hungry and knew everybody else was hungry too. “What if I can find a seed to plant and grow more fruit trees?” he thought.
When the sun came up Jack got a shovel and started digging deep down. He was exhausted but he kept going. He had to do this to save the world. Suddenly, he found a seed. This seed was so precious, more precious than gold. Jack carefully put it in his pocket and walked home. The sun was setting so he went straight to bed after he put the seed on his shelf.
The next morning, Jack was so hungry. He somehow found the energy to plant his seed and watered it 10 times during the day. Every day he watered his seed over and over and it slowly began to grow into a giant fruit tree.
People came from all over the country to enjoy this fruit. Jack had a rule about his fruit though, everyone could only have one piece of fruit a day and when they finished they had to plant the seeds in their own garden.
Eventually, everyone had beautiful fruit growing in their gardens. No one was hungry and no one was greedy anymore.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!