Haunted

It was a dark and gloomy night, Ava was walking home from her friend’s house when… she looks to the street next to her and she sees something she has never seen before, it’s a haunted house!
This is so exciting but scary. The wind blows Ava shivers she’s starting to get a fever. As she walk into the street that the house is on, she gets a weird feeling that someone is watching her. She ignores the feeling and steps onto the rickety, old pavers and into the house.
The door slowly creaks open, Ava steps into the house and vigorously runs down the stairs. The door slams behind her and when she goes to check if it was just the wind she hears a click. Ava runs up and checks what happened. It’s locked. “Aarrhh!” Ava screams, but no one is around to hear her dreadful scream!
Six days have been and Ava is no closer to getting out. As she looks in the distance, she sees a young girl with a face as pale as milk sitting by the rusty window. The girl slowly creeps over to Ava and says, “Life’s not worth it, come with me to the underworld where you belong!” Ava doesn’t hear her and the little girl keeps repeating it until Ava hears her.
Ava finally hears and turns to the little girl and sacredly says, “You-you can talk.” The girl gathers her speed and is now rapidly bolting at her Ava doesn’t move and the girl goes straight through her. Ava asked her what her name was and she replies, “Millie!” Ava was stunned at how nice she was and asked her to help her out of this house and of course she says yes.
The time has come to when she is going to escape and the she crossed through a graveyard. She slips through a crack and falls into a grave. Millie freezes and disappears and no one has ever seen them since.
Thirty years have passed and a young boy named Joseph was walking down that exact same street as the grave and he was going to visit his grandfather’s grave. He flamboyantly ran to an old marble grave with Mr O’Hedder engraved in the centre. The grave was a weird white colour and had many flowers scattered all around the grave. The flowers were not on the grave because that meant it was bad luck.
The weeks went by and it was the day Ava disappeared, there was a ceremony held to remember her and all she stood for. The haunted house was decorated in All of Ava’s favourite colours. It was defiantly a phenomenal day and everyone was standing in her presents.
I’m sure Ava would be proud of all the citizens standing tall for her. The day passed and everyone was still thinking of her tragic death. The days passed on and turned into weeks, which turned into months that turned into years and life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!