Power In Bonds

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

“Back off Raia! If you don’t, I’ll tear your entire blue pelt off!”
I threatened but it was no use. Raia had won and we had failed.
“Twinx get back here!” screeched Jake, galloping to me. Nick was on his back, stroking his brown deer fur trying to reassure him. He picked Nick up with his actual human arms and dropped him on the ground. “Stay here.”
“No! Please Jake! Twinx, come back!”
“Shut up, meatbag,” she snarled, cutting Nick off along with her blue tail flame flaring up. The ‘fox’ sighed before turning to Roxie, my half-owl friend. Her arms were stretched, wings showing. She was prepared to swoop in and save Nick and Jake if anything happened - along with me.
Martin was staring bewildered behind her, trying to reach out to his friend. “What do you want Raia?” he quivered. I can’t believe she would bring children into this!
“I want power,” she explained bluntly. “But, my power alone isn’t enough - I want your friends’ strength too.”
“Never!” spat Charlotte, her crocodile tail swishing back and forth anxiously. Zane was now standing protectively in front of Roxie, his cousin.
His bat wings were outstretched, shielding her. Frisk - my half-lizard buddy - was watching all of Raia’s movements from a tree.
“Twinx is only the start. I want the strongest first,” Raia said, whipping around to face me. Her blue fur was standing on end, the teal stripe starting from her snout to her eyes glowing. Her sharp turquoise eyes were starting to glow too - I knew what this meant all too well. A narrow aqua laser shot out of her eyes, aiming straight for me. I braced myself for the impact and just like that, I fell to the ground - a large hole in me.
“Twinx!” I heard all of my friends cry out.
“Huh? Where am I?” I echoed, walking around the vast white void.
“Twinx,” a soft voice called. I spun around and there she was, Delta. My long lost cat! I instantly ran up to her and started to stroke her pale ginger fur. “I’m fine, honestly,” she purred.
“No! You were forced out of your body ever since we first met Raia!
She made our bodies become one! You are not fine!” I retorted, cuddling her.
“I am, Twinx. But you need to go back!” she ordered.
“What? But I want to stay here! With you!” I cried.
“You need to fight back against Raia! Are you really going to let the rest of your friends die?”
“A-are you sure though?” I asked, glaring at my friend. Her blue eyes were narrowed as she spoke.
“Yes I am. Now go save your friends!”
“Twinx is gone!” I shrieked fearfully.
“Jake’s next,” Raia smirked as she turned to him. Short white horns were arching out of her head, making Jake shiver.
He turned to Twinx’s motionless body before sighing and closing his eyes, accepting defeat.
“Hey! Raia! Turn and face me!” Suddenly, Twinx sprung to her feet and faced Raia, her sky blue eyes flaring.
“What? But… I killed you!” she roared.
“Yes, but I have the power of my friends. Can you say as much?”
Twinx retorted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!