Back In The Olden Days

Back when I was a kid
A tear drips down my face as I think about the olden days. Staring at the picture sitting on the window sill. The picture was taken all the the way back when I was a kid. We climbed the wall every day but we were not allowed to. If our parents caught us we would be sorry and if you do not know what I mean, well I don't think you'd want to. Even walking to school we would walk over this wall. I am the one in the middle with the stick. I was the only one that was afraid of falling off the wall, that's why I used that long metal pole. I start to rub the picture wishing it was like this today.

Knock knock
The door was pounding, oh I forgot I'm minding my grandsons and Bill. I open the door and see their faces. Still in their school uniform, I invite them inside. I start to light up a fire for the boys. They asked if they could tell me something. So I went and got them something to drink. I took the drinks to them and they asked if I had ever seen the big wall that is outside their school. I told them yes, that I used to go to that school. Well they didn't know, but now they do. They said that they were demolishing the wall. “What!” I screamed louder than I ever had before.

I asked them to get into the car. We ran to the car turned on the engine and started to drive to the wall. Bill asked where we were going. I said that we were going to stop them from destroying our wall.

We arrived at the wall and saw a really big wrecking ball. I went up to the man and said “stop!”
“What?” He replied.
“I said to stop.”
“Stop what?” he said.
“Stop demolishing this wall.”
“Um sir I don't know what you are talking about.”
“I came down here to stop it.”
“How are you going to stop it, I am in charge of this project. But now I am going to stop it.”
“Why would you start this project anyway?”
“I didn't know about this walls history.”
“Well you should look into it before you start a project next time okay. I'll be going now.”
So got back in the car and sure enough my wife was sitting there with the boys mum. So I said goodbye to the boys and went and had a coffee.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!