Tears Of Truth

The dull, cold, grey colds grew above me as the text stayed open on my phone. A tear ran down my cheek exposing a salty taste. As the words of Aria’s parents repeated in my head, “It's your fault you, have caused this action." I came to realise the true me and it wasn't the reflection I saw in the mirror.
The sound of the clock ticking, pens clicking and wind howling up against the window, I sat tuned out of class, glaring at Aria she was who I wanted to be - her shiny brown hair, crystal blue eyes and peached coloured skin. Rage fulfils inside of me for no apparent reason. As the bell loomed in the background I came to my senses. The halls cleared as students looked left to right to leave the school.
The doors swang behind me as I searched for my friends, I saw them with Aria chattering away, I reached for my phone as I started to type. “Who do you think you are, you are a no body, you have no friends, leave before I show you the way," as I hit send my chest felt relieved.
Another 3 months has passed, the texts, threats and name calling continued, but I didn't ever hesitate to stop. The sky still dull approaching the evening, cars drove past splashing their tyres onto the wet gravel, my phone went off once, twice, three times, it was Aria calling. I stared at my phone for 20 seconds, it stopped ringing, a few seconds later I got a text.
My heart stopped, chills ran up my spine, I froze as Aria’s parents wrote what has happened. The dull, cold, grey clouds grew above me, as the text stayed open on my phone, the reflection I saw in the mirror wasn't who I wanted to be. My name is Layler Paterson and I am a bully.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!