MUMS CONTRADICTIONS

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

I get so confused on a daily basis as my Mum constantly gives me contradictory statements all day long.
Here’s some of what she tells me:
Go to sleep! Its late.Wake up! Or you’ll be late .
Don’t talk with your mouth full.Talk to me! Tell me about your day.
Walk. Don’t run.Run, run faster and …..shoot that goal.
Soosh! You are talking too loudly.Speak up! I can’t hear you.
Use your words.Don’t – you – use – those – words - on me young man.
You hungry? Eat up or you wont grow.Don’t eat so much. You’ll get fat.
Have you been drinking plenty of water today?I told you not to drink so much water before bedtime.
Quickly, pack your school bags.Why have you not unpacked your school bags yet?
Its ok son, I’ll drive you since its raining. I am not your chauffer!
Have you practiced your instrument? Why are you playing your instrument. Have you done your homework yet?
Give your Mummy a kiss. Don’t even think about looking at me.
So as you can, see Mum is full of contradictions. I don’t think I will ever win with Mum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!