I Am Kate Daughter Of Geb, God Of Earth



Jack my step brother waars calling my name. I got up and got dressed, went into the kitchen, got myself some breakfast and Mum drove Jack and I to school.

When we finally got to class, our English teacher was picking on me and then at recess she pulled me aside and said “You better return what you stole from Amun, or your world will be ruined.” Then right before my eyes she exploded . Alice my best friend came running up to me and I told her what Mrs. Dev had just said. She took my arm and ran. Alice ran so fast, we burst into the Egyptian mythology room. I thought she was doing that because it was her favorite class. The teacher, Mr Bing, sat on his chair and Alice started talking to him in Egyptian. What was even weirder was that I could understand.

Mr. Bing told us to run straight home to my apartment and tell my Mum what had happened. When we were about to leave, he called me back and gave me a special brooch. He said “Be careful, this is a powerful weapon, use it wisely, when you need it most, click the pin open it will protect you

We burst into the apartment. Jack was already there with his friend Mick. Alice went straight to Mum (oh by the way, she is my step Mum not my real Mum. My real mum died when I was a baby)anyway Alice said that we had to go, like now!!! She looked wide eyed, but understood immediately and grabbed her keys.

We drove for what felt like for hours. When we finally arrived, I had no idea where we were, but it was cool! There were people playing soccer and what looked like sword fighting and there were amazing little houses scattered around. Alice took my hand and we ran down the hill to explore. The first house was dedicated to Amun, the god of the Wind, he is a man with the head of a ram. Next to that was Isis, goddess of magic, healing and protection. The next one was dedicated to Hathor, goddess of love. Then there was Khonsu, god of the moon and my favorite Thoth, god of scribes and wisdom and then there was Osiris, god of the underworld and husband of Isis. Seth the god of chaos and change was also there, but far from Osiris, who was his brother and sworn enemy. Last but certainly not least, was Nut, the goddess of stars and sky.

We looked around I didn’t notice but jack was there at the houses, Alice that she was certain that I was a daughter of Hathor because I was so pretty but just then a symbol came up above my head it was the symbol of Geb and Nut . Alice gasped then everyone knelt and Alice said all Kate mill God of Architecture.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!