The Writer

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Her auburn curls brush against her face, concealing the unmistakeable look of concentration. Slouched up in her walnut tree she looks around eagerly, desperate for any kind of inspiration. A dragonfly perches on her pencil, worn by the amount of chewing it has suffered. She gazes at it intently, her eyes hungrily taking in the intricate patterns on its wings. The dragonfly catches her off guard, hauling itself into the air with a mighty leap and flying off, dipping here and flying over an invisible jump. "Wait, don't go!" she calls pleadingly, then notices how the dragonfly dances, contrasted against the sky, wispy clouds, scattered like wild horses running free across the infinite blue sky. Inspiration ignites the tiny little flame in her eyes and she begins to write, smiling as her swift hand makes the pencil dance elegantly across the page, occasionally interrupted by the clumsiness of her eraser. Just like a rose blooming, she sees her story unfold, each petal carrying with it a new idea. At last, the flame dies and her hand retreats from the page, taking with it the pencil. She looks back at her work, and a satisfied grin stretches her faced into that one emotion we all know.
Happiness

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!