This Teacher Can Tolerate

Finalist in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

I have the best, crazy, awesome idea. I’m walking to school and I’m thinking how much trouble I’m going to get in. My idea is to get into so much trouble that I will be sent back to grade prep so I don’t have to do hard grade 5 work. I’m walking to school in my ripped jeans and a singlet with my cap on backwards. I walk into my classroom where class has already started.
I walk up to my chair just as my tall teacher, Mrs Mini is doing the roll. I lean back on my chair and start yelling at the top of my lungs all the reasons school is boring, when I realise a disaster! The teacher isn’t telling me off!
We are learning about the life cycle of humans. The teacher asks about the three main stages of life and I yell out loud, “Baby, child and old man!” The teacher is telling the class how good I had done when I had meant it to be rude! I put my hand up. I have a good idea. I’m going to point out my wrongs!
The teacher points to me and lets me speak. I explain how I’m wearing inappropriate clothes. The teacher explains that there is no such things as inappropriate clothes and takes off her jumper to reveal a black T-shirt with a picture of a rainbow gangster unicorn with a moustache. Then she goes back to teaching the class.
Then I explain how I’m leaning back on my chair. The teacher explained that we’re allowed to comfort ourselves and the class laughs at how much I was failing to get back to prep.
Then an idea struck me like lightning. It was hopeless getting back to prep and this teacher is so cool…I think I don’t want to get back to prep anymore.
Now that I’m not trying to get into trouble, grade 5 is awesome!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!