Bad Luck

It is 6pm on Friday 13th and it’s dark outside with hardly any life and lights. The stars were behind the clouds only leaving the moon to peep through. Today I got fired, I am Tom Kemero and I “used” to work for the newspaper company. On my way home, I had a near death experience after swerving to avoid a black cat creeping across the highway with its green eyes shining in the dark. I live where a School used to be. It got knocked down due to the death of so many students. They were believed to be killed by something that nobody has seen. After the school was knocked down the council built housing units.
As I pull into my driveway I see that my front door was slightly open, but I am sure I locked it before I left. I get out of my car in slow motion and plant my feet on the ground. As I gradually get closer to the front door my mind is yelling at me to run and get the police but I continue. I slowly push my door open and hear it creek loudly. I give out a yell “Hello? Is anyone here?” I flick on all the switches in every room and scan through every room trying to be brave. I did not see anything out of place or anyone but every door was open, I swear I shut them all of them before I left. The house was quiet, too quiet. I go to the lounge room and switch on the television and a game show pops up. I walk into the other room to get out of my work clothes. When I get back to the television it is turned off. It was 7:45pm, the phone rang and jumped out of my skin. I slowly walk over to the phone. I pick it up and place it to my ear “hello?” I quietly say, wishing someone would answer but no one does. The only thing that came out of the phone was scratching noises sending severs down my back; I quickly hang up the phone.
I go to my room and jump into bed. Before turning off my lamp next to my bed, I quickly scan the room. Everything was good. I take a breath, turn off the light, slide down under my blankets and turn onto my side to face my alarm clock reading 8:30pm. My eyelids get heavy, too heavy to keep them open. I finally drift off to sleep. The next thing I see is my alarm clock flashing 12:07am before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I quickly sit bolt upright sweating, relieved that it was all a nightmare but as I see my alarm clock flashing 12:06am I hear my closet door open. As I reach to switch on the lamp next to my bed I find there is another hand already there.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!