Taken To Heaven

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Something happened. Through the thick curtain of rain, the glimmering substance had got together and formed a puddle. The girl didn't know how it got there, but she did know it appeared after she fell. The fall that had caused an unbearable pain to travel through her crippling body. Her quivering body was no longer strong nor energetic. She bit her crackling lip ignoring the way her eyes were threatening to cry. The sympathetic wind whistled wistfully. She sat down being unable to stand, her enervated self about to burst into tears in her mind to the thought of her scarring pain she was with and the lost family that she was without.
The glimmering liquid shone brightly in the down pouring rain, sliding under her like a wall between the ground and herself. It didn't bother to do something about the pain that the girl was going through, it stayed frozen for a couple of minutes. The girl knew that she was going to die with such pain she was with. Though she didn't think she was dying yet. She wasn't drifting up to the sky, with clouds surrounding her like they say about people going to heaven. She glanced around her settings and then she saw.
What the girl had seen, was the impossible. She lay frozen, unsure. Could she already have died? Even the idea that she had absolutely no chance of living made her palpitate. There was blood was streaked across the figure's face and stomach like how she had it on herself, and when the girl reached out her hand, a tree branch accidently touched her. The faint tingle and the image of a hand going through a twig proved it. She was a ghost. A separate being from her body. She systematically dragged her hand away, still feeling the tingle that seemed to act as a magnetic force between the branch and herself. Now there was no doubt.
The liquid element had already initiated a bubble shape around the girl and it lifted up into the sky. In the view of the girl, the world was gradually getting smaller, and she knew what was happening to her for once.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!