The Black Terror

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

All was silent, except for the rustling of the leaves and the howling of the wind. I snuggled beneath the tepid blanket, pondering about the Black Terror. It had recently grabbed my sister and had clasped its bedraggled hands around her neck, causing her to lay sprawled on the carpet, limp. Quivering, I knew that I only had my younger brother to look after.
The house was hushed with an eerie silence. I was conquered with trepidation when I glanced at the clock. "It is nearly midnight and the Black Terror might come any minute!" I silently sobbed.
Creeping towards the bedroom window, I saw the moon smiling at me in a baleful manner. Then, I heard what I dreaded most: the signs that noted the Black Terror's arrival. Hastening towards bed, I could glimpse a shadow lurking slyly. Trembling with fear, I felt something sludgy touch the blanket and I envisioned myself plunging into darkness.
I opened my eyes and glanced up from the blanket, expecting to see the Black Terror looming above me. Instead, I glimpsed my obnoxious little brother reaching for the door, giggles erupting from his mouth. But, my worst fears came true. Everything seemed to transpire at the same time. My brother and I both smelt the Black Terror's malodorous breath and heard it rasp menacingly. We ran to hide behind a chair in the corner. Then, we saw it. The Black Terror was a sickly ghastly ghoul, intimidating and deleterious. It was a revolting creature that would make most people shriek when they saw it.
Abruptly, the ghoul reached for the bedroom lamp and began to hurl it at the door. Its bellicose actions showed how irate it was. We watched in grisliness, knowing that we had one foot in the grave. Well, did you already guess what my brother and I did? We fled for the sake of our lives, running as fast as the wind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!