Kickflip Success

KICKFLIP SUCCESS

It was a hot day. Matt and Jack are quietly sitting under a shady tree watching their best friend Chloe practising her stunts at the skate park. There are not many people there but the three friends love spending time together.

Chloe is at the top of the bowl standing on the blue deck of her worn out skateboard. The orange wheels are shining brightly in the sun. She is nervous but she really wants to do a kickflip going down the bowl. Chloe tries her first attempt but she falls off her skateboard and lands on the hot concrete. It really hurt.

She tries again and again and again, each time falling. She feels flustered and disappointed that she has not been able to land her stunt. She is teary but does not want the boys to see her cry. She gets up, flicks her skateboard into her hand, walks up to the top of the bowl to try again. She takes a deep breath and looks down at her feet. Chloe is apprehensive but she takes off! Then finally she did it.

Jack and Matt cheered so loudly that everyone at the skate park stared at them. Then Chloe kept practising doing kickflips down the bowl and every time she tried she landed it. Everyone at the skate park cheered and the crowd built up. She felt happy and proud that she succeeded.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!