Many Different Sides

Many different sides
A gift that is unique and irreplaceable. The hands that connected the thread to the material and the material that was guided by the pattern.
The intricate lines of patchwork were guided by wrinkly but steady hands of grandma. She was a frail and delicate thing but full of lessons.
She creates patchworks vivid and alive in the head as she put stitch to material. She used red first to show the commitment and love she used in the patchworks and then the green to show the jealousy when we fight with our siblings. She used the color of white for purity and light for the times that there was celebration or times of joy. Grandma does not use black she says that wherever there is black there is negativity. Each patchwork is a chapter of an unread story. In each patchwork creates story the colors and tones create a story that has no limits it is like and unexplored ocean deep far in the distance. The warm colors create a stream of comfort and warmth and the cool colors create wonder and ease.
She crosiers around the torn and rough edges to create a sense of softness and delicacy.
As each thread is plaid through the material a new chapter is unopened. It is like an unread book many side and angles but only one real and true meaning that is only known to the author. She sits there working with their hands, threading and sewing they stitch with triumphs, joys, heartbreak and love.
A patchwork does not need to be done with the finest cotton or the richest material she speaks of wise and intelligent words. It does not need to be rectangular or square you are boundless to the shape idea and creativity you can explore when you have a needle and a thread in one hand and a wand in the other you are completely limitless.
It cannot be done incorrectly or perfectly. When creating a patchwork it is a time of imagery and relevance. I think it of a time for explaining through the weaving material the bold or placid colors. It can reveal a dark mysterious shadow or side that on one has seen or ever witnessed
So now as this time goes by grandma is not here but still with spirit in her unfinished patchwork. Therefor it cannot tell a completed story so unknown where the story will end or where it leads. It lies where the sun shines across the chair where she sat stitching her last stitch.
Each Patchwork is irreplaceable, and tells a story I cannot be without. Taking it with me wherever I must go.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!