Velvet Sky

It’s this weather I’m telling you.
The dark grey, lavender tinted bruised sky fills me with happiness. Accompanied by the glow of the sun dimly lighting the world somehow creates such a deep feeling of warmth that no summers day could. Snuggling up with my cosy knit sweater, allowing the record player to soundtrack my almost movie like atmosphere adding to my content.
This feeling is too beautiful to be real, the curtains will fly back over the stage soon and the show will be over, but I am going to enjoy every minute I have.
The steam from the mug grasped so tightly in my hands rolls over my face as I watch the rain fall. Each droplet kissing the ground so softly, the sound too delicate to be anything but. There is no creature in sight, hopefully they have all taken refuge in a home as safe and warm as mine. The flickering flame crowning my favourite candle dances along to the crackle of the needle sliding across the vinyl. The red blush on my cheeks and the opaque dot on my nose indicates how cold I should feel, but the smile beaming from ear to ear masks the goose bumps rising. I’m in awe of such peaceful and calming surroundings. I wish the weather would stay this way forever. But my fantasy comes to an end the needle spins off the record. The curtain gets called to a close, and I’m brought back to reality.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!