Veruca Salt

“I need that Golden Ticket, hurry up and find it for me! We need more workers. There’s heaps more room in this huge mansion!” My thick curly hair flicked in my face. I threw myself to the ground. My sharp blue eyes rolled at my Father.
“Daddy, hire all of the workers in England. Tell them to drive here now. Now!” I screamed.
“Sure darling Veruca, right away.” It seemed like forever. I nearly lost my voice. My face was going as red as a strawberry. Suddenly, I heard a door creak open and I saw all the workers in England run through the door and started peeling chocolate wrappers straight away.
“Yes,” I screamed with joy.
“Is there anything else you need honey?” My Daddy whispered.
“NO.”
“Now, get changed we’re going out to dinner. The workers are going out to dinner later.”
“No they’re not. I’m going to get the Golden Ticket. How will I win it if the workers have a break,” I said.
My Daddy was speechless so I got dressed into my delicate dress (that’s as expensive as the Queen’s) and my white sparkly high heels.
Then we went to the Chinese Restaurant.
The next day the workers still hadn’t found the Golden Ticket!
“Daddy, they still haven’t found it. How long will it ….”
“I’ve found the Golden Ticket,” one of the workers shouted.
My Daddy ran down the stairs. “I really have,” the worker shouted again.
My Daddy took the Golden Ticket straight out of her hands and gave it to me. “I have the Golden Ticket!” I WAS THRILLED.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!