Veruca Salt

I think we know about a brat called Veruca. When I think of her, I think of a spoiled rotten brat. A princess by trade whose dad works for a nut shelling and selling business.
“I want this, I want that!” is all that comes out of her little mouth. If I was her Mum I would give that nincompoop a violin to sing her blues away.
Her reaction to the ticket was ghastly, rude, and all about herself. Her Mum made sure her fanciest ring was photographed. Veruca had a grin from ear to ear when the television crew came to film this selfish winner.
Frankly, we can realise that we are not so demanding with what we would like, compared to Veruca. Unfortunately we can't change a person by their personality. So Miss Veruca will just have to deal with a demanding voice box.
Her Dad had brought all the candy bars he could lay his hands on and told the workers... "SHELL THE WRAPPERS OFF THESE CANDY BARS NOW AND FIND A
GOLDEN TICKET!”
Three days was too long to wait until Veruca would BLOW!!!! Then one suspenseful day a worker ripped the wrapper off an ordinary chocolate bar. The worker unfolded the end of the chocolate “there just is no hope” she whispered glumly. She tore off the
wrapper...HALLELUIAH! REJOYCE! A golden ticket was inside! The Salt household was back to calm and happiness now that their beloved Veruca had what she wanted. Not satisfied that she was only one of five winners. Veruca then began her next demand, "Daddy, I want another pony!"
Some people in this world are demanding but not all of us. Be lucky you weren't born like that!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!